46% of practices are feeding contaminated water to patients. How confident are you that your DUWLs are clean? Read the blog
This accredited course is for registered dental nurses who are looking to progress their careers into a leadership role in the clinical environment. The course is divided into four modules, each with a series of presentations and assessments.
It will take up to six months to complete and includes both Level 1 and 2 training.
A BLENDED LEARNING APPROACH
• Module 1: Caring for the dental team. Assessment: Create an induction plan and checklist for a trainee dental nurse.
• Module 2: Management skills for lead dental nurse. Assessment:Submit the agenda and the minutes for a team meeting that you hold.
• Module 3: Professionalism, and legal and ethical issues. Assessment: Plan and hold a short training session for the dental team
(minimum of two GDC registrants) on the topic of whistle-blowing. Submit lesson plan, reflective journal and learner feedback for a minimum of 2 GDC registrants.
• Module 4: Clinical and practical skills. Assessments: 1) Complete an audit. (This will include completing the audit, creating and implementing an action plan, then re-auditing to check progress.) 2) Create a surgery folder for locum dental nurses to use when they are in the practice
1. Online tutorials;
2. Interactive zoom classes;
3. Downloadable booklet;
4. Unlimited access to learning materials for 6 months.
5. Excellent tutor support.
6. Nationwide availability;
7. 30 hours of verifiable CPD;
8. Accredited Level 3 Certificate in Lead Dental Nursing, awarded upon successful completion.
£395.00 inc. VAT
30 hours of verifiable CPD.
The recent increase in the Bank of England's Base Rate, from 4.25% to 4.5% in May 2023, has had a significant impact...Read more
The increased exposure to principal dentists when it comes to vicarious liability highlights the need to consider more...Read more
Are you happy with your smile? In the UK, 40% of the population are unhappy with their teeth, and a prominent...Read more
Henry Schein UK Holdings Limited t/a Henry Schein Dental is a limited company registered in England and Wales under registration number 11584480 and VAT registration number 573778979. Its registered office is Medcare House, Centurion Close, Gillingham Business Park, Gillingham, Kent, ME8 0SB.